Research has shown that – contrary to what you may have heard – use of coconut oil is actually good for you in so many ways and it is one of the best home beauty tips for soft, supple and glowing skin.
Without getting too “sciency,” oil is made up of chains of carbon, hydrogen and oxygen called fatty acid. There are different groups of fatty acids contained in oils and fats. Generally, they’re grouped into medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) and long chain fatty acids (LCFA).
Coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid, with about 50 percent of its fatty acid consisting of lauric acid. Lauric acid turns into monolaurin in humans and animals – and that’s important because monolaurin is the anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-protozoal monoglyceride used by humans and animals to destroy viruses and bacteria.
Plain and simple, coconut oil is good for you, inside and out. In fact, use of coconut oil in your daily routine life is Mother Nature’s skin softener.
Use Of Coconut Oil For Daily Routine Life :
1) Use it after a shower. While you’re still wet, rub coconut oil into your skin and then towel off. Its medium chain fatty acid composition makes it absorb quickly. Coconut oil is a solid, but will melt at 76 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s perfectly fine and safe to use as a solid, liquid or even in-between.
2) Massage it into your scalp. Before washing your hair, massage a dab of coconut oil into your scalp to keep away dry flakes. Wash and style as usual.
3) Put it in your bath. Put two or three tablespoons of coconut oil into a nice, warm bath to soften skin. It’s excellent if you have any cuts, scrapes or rashes, since its high lauric acid content makes it an excellent natural anti-bacterial, anti-viral substance.
4) Smooth frizzies, add shine. Use coconut oil to help tame frizzies. Rub a little dab of the oil into your palms and lightly smooth over hair. A little goes a long way with this tip.
5) Pay attention to history. Ancient Polynesians advice to use of coconut oil to relieve stiffness in the joints, rheumatism and back pain by rubbing a liberal amount of coconut oil on the affected area.
So, for soft, youthful, supple skin, forget all those chemical-laden lotions and go all-natural. Go coconutty!